When I tell people that travel helps me overcome anxiety and depression, and I write about it, the overwhelming response is always gratitude.
Being honest about my struggles with mental health inspires others to share their struggles with me. Whether I’ve just met them or I’ve known them for years, when I open up to people, they open up in return.
Every time I share my story, a little bit of pressure, shame, and embarrassment falls away like chips from a marble block as an artist creates their masterpiece.
I want to share other’s stories to help them feel the same.
Content that fits with Transformed Thru Travel
Here are some ideas for the types of posts that will fit well with this site. I am also open to related ideas, so don’t hesitate to send me a pitch!
- transformative travel experiences or stories about how travel has helped change you or your outlook
- overcoming any type of hidden condition (mental or physical) to pursue your travel dreams
- tips for practicing self-care on the road
- events or products related to travel and mental health that people must know about
Guest post requirements
- Your submission should be at least 750 words but no more than 1500.
- Include 2-4 applicable photos, including one of yourself. I would appreciate images in the 100kb-150kb range, with 800px width if horizontal and 600px width if vertical. Please ask if you don’t know how to do this!
- A short author bio and links to your blog and/or social media.
Promotion of your guest post
Guest posts will be published once a month. I tend to publish on Fridays.
I will promote your post on some of my social networks, tagging you where appropriate. My audience on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter is small but highly engaged. I’ll inform you of when your post is live so you can also promote it.
Please, send me your ideas!
Email me at brittany (@) transformedthrutravel (.) com with your ideas or questions. Also please include a couple links to posts that would have a similar structure to what you are pitching.